Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Paper Fashion



For just a little while I thought it might be nice to take a break from the holiday hubbub and share these wonderful paper dresses with you. I know it is kind of kooky to think that these dresses were a bit Avant-garde, and somewhat of a rage in the sixties. Originally inspired by Pop Art, paper dresses became a fun way for companies and even politicians to get their message seen. What do you think? Maybe to be avoided if you live anywhere especially damp, which might explain why they never quite caught on as a Niagara Falls souvenir.

2 comments:

Brianne said...

These are so neat! I remember my mom had one when we we were little. She let use it for dress-up. I am sure we wore it out pretty quickly since it was only paper.

patty said...

I don't think I knew these ever existed, you learn something new everyday.

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates |