Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sunshine and Aqua
















To me, these are the colors of summer... sunshine, popcicles, and pools. Living on the coast we don't get the hot, hot summers that I remember as a child. I was raised in the central valley of California. The air even smelled different in the summertime. I don't know how to explain it, it just smelled like summer. It was like the 100 degree weather mixed with the breeze and you got wisps of fresh grass, barbecues and sunshine when you inhaled.

Growing up you knew every kid who had a pool and what amenities it came with. You even had a mental tally of if they had an air conditioner or a swamp cooler and if their mom kept otter pops stocked in the freeze. I bet anyone who ever grew up like this has a vivid memory of what bare feet sounds and feels like when they slap against wet concrete. Happy summer
everybody!

3 comments:

Mrs.French said...

this is beautiful...I am so honored to have my photograph amongst such beauty! xo t
p.s.
I love your blog...I will be back!

retrovertigovintage.com said...

So very summery-fabulous! You're a natural curator! XO

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

I spent a couple of summer in the Central Valley and your description of summer is dead on!

Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates |