Monday, April 4, 2011

A Room Somewhere...


I absolutely adore this room.

I think this may just be a laundry room but, it reminds me of the mud room my Grandparents had attached to their old farmhouse. For those who may not be familiar with a mud room, it is just what the name suggests, a room to take off your boots and clean yourself up before going into the house.

My Grandmother would bring in fresh cut flowers or baskets of produce and wash them in the large double sink before heading into the kitchen. Against the other wall was a long bench where jackets, work gloves and a hat for every type of weather laid waiting. Every evening my Grandfather sat on the bench and removed his boots before proceeding in for dinner. Off to the left there was even a tiny bathroom for the days you had to do a little extra scrubbing before heading into the house. Grandma never had such a chic washer and dryer though... I think I will have to add that to my mud room someday.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I really like the lay out for this room- functional and easy on the eyes!

Hailey said...

A gardeners dream!

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates |