Monday, July 20, 2009

Flotsam and Jetsam














I once met the captain of a sailboat who was born on the ocean. His mother went into labor while they were out to sea and as a result his birth certificate has the longitude and latitude listed as the place of his birth. That sure sounds more interesting than place of birth: Memorial Hospital.

I have always wanted to sail around the world with the same sense of adventure that existed in the late 1800's. The truth is I just don't have the courage. Sure, I could take a cruise ship and feel safe. A cruise would just take out all of the interesting parts like the tall tales of sea monsters, exotic harbors and mysterious superstitions. Instead I will have to be content with dreaming about flotsam and jetsam with these nautical beauties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates |