Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Chasing the Sun





Last August I spent one month visiting friends and backpacking through England and Scotland. In Edinburgh I discovered one of the most amazing places I’d ever seen. This grand city plays host to the epic Fringe Festival, an amalgam of five different arts fests, including music, dance, books, art and comedy. It boasts two massive weeks of laughing, partying, making new friends and artistic discovery. Scotland isn’t known for its sunny days, but I was lucky during my stay to see blue sky 5 out of the 8 days I was there. On this particular afternoon it had been a bit stormy, but when the clouds broke for a brief moment I was ready with my camera to seize the opportunity to capture the beautiful light striking thru the clouds upon the renowned Ross Fountain in front of the Edinburgh Castle.
Shot handheld at f/22, 1/80 sec, ISO 200 on August 25, 2010.

5 comments:

Dao Sujin said...

This looks like it came out of a fairy tale, I couldn't have imagined something prettier!

Hunton Marks said...

The clouds are unreal. Great shot!

Lucy's mom said...

Breathtaking!

Roib Eugee said...

This really does seem a little to pretty to be a real place!

Glenn Douglass said...

Ha! People always think this photo is fake, but it's all real!!! glad you guys enjoy it!

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates |